From sandy feet to scorchingly hot seatbelt clips, summer comes with a whole slew of tiny (but terrible) problems.
Traveling is hard enough as it is, especially if you have little ones, so why not learn a few tips and tricks that’ll make life so much less of a hassle? I don’t know about you, but vacations like beach outings and road trips are particularly maddening, so I know I’ll be using these 20 hacks that cover those bases and plenty more!
1. Poke straws through cupcake papers and pop them on top of glasses to keep bugs out of your drinks.
2. Bring baby powder to the beach to help get rid of wet sand on your feet before getting in the car.
3. Wrap your valuables up in a diaper at the beach to keep thieves at bay. Trust me. No one will touch your stuff.
4. Repurpose old lotion bottles and turn them into water balloon pumps.
5. Use apple cider vinegar to reduce itching when mosquitoes come out to play.
6. Use a fitted sheet to keep sand off your hangout zone at the beach. Make it taut with your cooler, shoes, and beach bag!
7. Make your own speakers out of cups and a toilet paper roll so there’s one less device you have to worry about while tailgating.
8. Use a shower caddy to organize meals in the car on road trips.
9. Put foil and charcoal in terra cotta pots to make mini s’mores stations.
10. Soak a sponge, put it in a sandwich bag, freeze it, and use the packet as a non-drip icepack.
11. Freeze aloe in your ice cube tray to soothe sunburn in a pinch.
12. Ditch hot coffee on summer mornings and make these iced coffee pops instead!
13. Buckle the seatbelt when you leave your car so it’s not insanely hot when you come back.
14. Use a drink cozy to protect your hand from your scorching-hot gear shift.
15. No kid likes stepping on a metal sprinkler while they’re playing, so make one out of a bottle instead!
16. Get summer-ready feet without a cracked heel in sight using a mixture of stuff you already have at home.
17. Use one of these containers in the car as a mini, sealable trash can on road trips.
18. Put your phone in a sandwich bag when you’re near the pool so it won’t get wet and you can still use it.
19. Pack face creams and foundation in contact cases to cut down on makeup bag bulkiness on vacation.
20. Freeze lemon slices and pop a few into soda or water to keep drinks cool, refreshing, and lemony.
Summer’s about to get so much simpler, am I right? Now start relaxing!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/easy-summer-hacks/