I dont know about you, but I look forward to Fourth of July all year!
My family throws a big barbecue, and everyone near and far gathers to celebrate with fireworks, beer, and of course, delicious burgers like this bacon-wrapped delight!
Of course, you also have to have great, festive decorations! In addition to a big flag, I like to DIY a few patriotic crafts to help celebrate the spirit of Independence Day.
At the moment, my absolute favorite is this adorable design for making a votive flag from scratch, out of Mason jars!
- Chalk Paint (Red, White, Blue)
- Painters Tape
- 2 Small Mason Jars
- 1 Large Mason Jar
- Hole Punch
- Paint Brushes
- Cut out small dots from vinyl. Attach the dots to small jars.
- Paint both small jars with white paint.
- Wrap painters tape around the jars in stripe pattern. Paint over with red paint.
- Paint large jar with white paint.
- Cut star shapes out of vinyl and attach to large jar.
- Paint big jar blue.
- Let paint dry on all jars, and remove the vinyl stickers and tape.
- Place votives in jars, and enjoy!
If you love the look of this cute and patriotic craft, make sure to SHARE before the big day!