James Stewart starred in some of Hollywood’s most beloved and remembered films of all time.
His boyish charm, effortless relatable poise, and sheer talent will be forever engrained in Hollywood’s past.
However, there was much more to Jimmy than his roles in famous films. The man was multitalented, brave, and dedicated to his country.
Raised bya piano-playing mother and coming from a long line of military servicemen, Jimmygrew up cultivating many diverse passions. He was a talented accordion player, and he participated in football and track in high school. He went on to study architecture at Princeton and received a grant to study at the graduate level after impressing his professors with his thesis, but he found himself even more drawn to music and the arts.
He had a promising start in Hollywood, even winning an Academy Award in 1940, but when wartime hit, he knew that he had to serve his country.
Did you know any of the following 15 things about James’life? Please SHARE with those whoare fellow fans of this handsome man!
1. He Had Private And Commercial Pilot Licenses
2. He Was Initially Turned Away From The Military For Being Too Light
3. He Was The First Hollywood Star To Don A Uniform For WWII
4. He Helped Recruit 150,000 New Servicemen
5. He Was Roommates With Henry Fonda
6. His Father Tried To Discourage Him From A Career In Hollywood
7. His Celebrity Status Almost Kept Him From Combat Roles
8. He Started Out On Broadway
9. He Wasn’t The First Pick For “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington”
10. His Official Tally For Offensive Missions In WWII Was 20
11. He Had A Brief Romance With Norma Shearer
12. He Didn’t Think He Deserved His Academy Award
13. He Gave His Award To His Father
14. He Performed With A Magician During His Summers In High School
15. Esteemed Director Frank Capra Adored Him